What Does a Title Company Do?
You search for weeks, months or even years to find the perfect house for you and your family. Internet research, open houses and final walkthroughs with your real estate agent take a lot of time and energy. The last thing you want to happen is for something to fall through just as you are about to close on your dream home.
A title company is a safety net to ensure that there are no last-minute problems with the legality of your home purchase. The title company you choose can help confirm that:
- The property being sold to you is legally owned by the seller.
- All of the important paperwork/documentation is completed in a timely manner to ensure you become the new legal owner.
- There are no hidden parties who also have a claim to the property.
- Escrow funds are properly maintained and used solely for closing purposes.
- All outstanding liens, mortgages, judgments, taxes, etc., are identified and satisfied prior to your ownership.
- Title insurance is issued to protect you against any type of legal claims made on ownership of the property.
- The physical boundaries of your property are well surveyed and documented.
- The real estate loan closing goes as smoothly as possible.
- Capital gains taxes are deferred, if needed.
In short, a good title company can help ensure that when you receive the title to your new house, it will truly be yours. You can put the home buying process behind you and start making cherished memories with your family in your home.
If the buyer of your house is planning to finance the purchase, as the seller you must hire a title company – at minimum to obtain title insurance to satisfy mortgage lenders. There are many different title companies in Florida, but only one of them in Northwest Florida has an owner who is Board Certified in Real Estate Law. Clear Title is led by Board Certified Real Estate Attorney Stephen R. Moorhead. He has been in the real estate closing business for over 30 years and he has built an experienced, trustworthy team of experts to help make home buying and selling a quick and seamless process. Clear Title has 100s of years of combined experience that they can put to work for you.
To schedule a meeting with our experts and explore our Pensacola title services, contact us today at (850) 202-8518 or visit ClearTitlenwfl.com.