How Do You Read a Seller’s Net Sheet?
Soaring house prices have many people dreaming of big payouts if they sell their homes. But you may not realize that selling your house comes with expenses that you may not have considered. In short, it’s not free to sell your house. So how can you know exactly what you will walk away with after your home sale? That’s where the seller’s net sheet comes in.
A seller’s net sheet is a concise document that is prepared to help you line item all of the expenses involved with selling your home. Reading it is quite simple. Toward the top will be the estimated sale price of your home. Under that top price will be a list of fees that will need to be paid. Those fees are subtracted from the estimated sales price. Then, at the bottom, there will be a final number that represents the projected net sale price that the seller will receive.
In general, fees hover around 10% of the amount of your home sale to cover expenses and fees. These are called closing costs and may include line items such as:
- Real estate commissions (typically 5-6%)
- Appraisal fees
- Attorney fees
- Broker fees
- HOA fees
- Transfer taxes
- Credit reports
- Seller concessions (costs you will cover for the buyer)
- Title insurance (protection for the buyer to ensure you have clear title to the property)
- Title search (protection for the buyer to ensure there are no issues that can impact ownership)
- Escrow fees (protection for the seller to ensure the deposit money will become rightfully yours)
- Home warranty (to cover repair or replacement costs of appliances, electrical, plumbing, etc. prior to the home sale)
- Mortgage payoff (amount to satisfy the mortgage loan plus any interest you owe)
Clear Title is a title company in Pensacola, Florida, that can help you create a seller’s net sheet and estimate how much money you can expect to realistically receive from the sale of your home. Led by Board Certified Real Estate Attorney Stephen R. Moorhead, the team has 100s of years of combined experience in the legalities of home selling. If you have questions, we have answers.
To schedule a meeting with our experts and explore our Pensacola title services, contact us today at (850) 202-8518 or visit ClearTitlenwfl.com.